This weekend was fabulous! I had a baby shower on Saturday and it was awesome! We had great food, great games, and a great turnout! I think the final count was 24. It was so much fun to visit with people that I don't get to see often, and even those I do. The Egbert's even came down from Cheyenne! We had so much fun with them and little Eldon and Paylor. And I'm pretty sure the shower couldn't have been pulled off without Aspen. Seriously.

We really had so much fun! We played the clothespin game and the taboo word was baby/babies. It got really good when people started giving me advice and weren't thinking about the game. That's probably when most pins were won and lost. We also played my favorite game ever...the dirty diaper game! My mom was SO excited for this one. 8 different candy bars melted into diapers. What is better than that?! Nobody got them all right - which wasn't surprising considering there was a Caramello, a Take 5, and a Thingamajig. It was hilarious to see people really getting into the diapers and then others hardly able to look at it! Finally we had each person fill out a bingo card of what they thought I would get. It was a good way to keep people entertained as I opened things. Janet and Carol Anne both got blackout!
The food was yummy too! We had Lil' Smokies in apple butter, deviled eggs, tortilla rollups, raspberry chipotle cream cheese spread, carrots, m&ms, mini cupcakes, and the necessary blue koolaid! It was great. My mom and Aspen did most of it - I only pretended to help.
I had to take pictures of everything I got for Brandon to see! Especially the newborn clothes since he may never get to see the little guy in them. We got so much great stuff! I have so many friends and family that are so incredibly generous! Maybe its the hormones, but really I feel so incredibly blessed and grateful for everyone - it gets me emotional.
So now I'm just sitting and waiting for the little one to come! I am just over 36 weeks and still feeling good. The only issue is at night when I wake up every hour or more! I get uncomfortable after spending too much time in my regular jeans, but in maternity pants, I can still sit on the ground and get up like its nobody's business. :)
And one final note, I realized today that his due date, March 13th, is also SELECTION SUNDAY!!! Quite possibly one of the most exciting days of the year for me. For those who don't really get it, I am a college b-ball freak. Yes, freak. I even record it in case I can't watch it live. March madness is my favorite time of the year and it all starts with that day. Coincidence?

We really had so much fun! We played the clothespin game and the taboo word was baby/babies. It got really good when people started giving me advice and weren't thinking about the game. That's probably when most pins were won and lost. We also played my favorite game ever...the dirty diaper game! My mom was SO excited for this one. 8 different candy bars melted into diapers. What is better than that?! Nobody got them all right - which wasn't surprising considering there was a Caramello, a Take 5, and a Thingamajig. It was hilarious to see people really getting into the diapers and then others hardly able to look at it! Finally we had each person fill out a bingo card of what they thought I would get. It was a good way to keep people entertained as I opened things. Janet and Carol Anne both got blackout!
The food was yummy too! We had Lil' Smokies in apple butter, deviled eggs, tortilla rollups, raspberry chipotle cream cheese spread, carrots, m&ms, mini cupcakes, and the necessary blue koolaid! It was great. My mom and Aspen did most of it - I only pretended to help.
I had to take pictures of everything I got for Brandon to see! Especially the newborn clothes since he may never get to see the little guy in them. We got so much great stuff! I have so many friends and family that are so incredibly generous! Maybe its the hormones, but really I feel so incredibly blessed and grateful for everyone - it gets me emotional.So now I'm just sitting and waiting for the little one to come! I am just over 36 weeks and still feeling good. The only issue is at night when I wake up every hour or more! I get uncomfortable after spending too much time in my regular jeans, but in maternity pants, I can still sit on the ground and get up like its nobody's business. :)
And one final note, I realized today that his due date, March 13th, is also SELECTION SUNDAY!!! Quite possibly one of the most exciting days of the year for me. For those who don't really get it, I am a college b-ball freak. Yes, freak. I even record it in case I can't watch it live. March madness is my favorite time of the year and it all starts with that day. Coincidence?


No comments:
Post a Comment