
That really is how our lives have been the past 2 weeks! Last weekend we went down to Utah to go to my brother's wedding! It was a lot of fun. It started out pretty rainy, but they were able to get some sunny shots (after we all got soaked) but it was beautiful. The reception was a lot of fun too! And YUMMY YUMMY food. It was fun to meet new people and for Brandon to get to see others in my family that he only met once when we got married 1 1/2 years ago! Crazy.
Now for the sad part of the story.....just today I found out what we missed while we were gone. ELDER BEDNAR!! And I don't just mean the fireside he gave up here...I mean him being at our ward and speaking!! Nope, not kidding. I couldn't believe it! Oh well. Being there at Tod's wedding was fun and still meant a lot. Oh well.
Last night was fantastic! First a little background. My FAVORITE restaurant of all-time is Red Robin. I love, love, love it. And that doesn't even describe it. The sad thing was that the closest one was 3 hours away, a little too far to drive just for dinner. Finally I decided to write Red Robin and suggest they put a Red Robin in Idaho Falls (I knew I wasn't going to get Rexburg). A month or so later, we were watching the news and they announced that a Red Robin was going to start building right in Idaho Falls! I was ecstatic! I couldn't believe it. It was scheduled to open in October. It opened in January or February after we left, but now we're back up here and I couldn't wait to go! Finally, last night, we went! I enjoyed every minute of it! Brandon got his usual (Bacon Cheeseburger) and I got one of my ten usuals (BLTA Croissant). Not to mention the twenty baskets of fries we ate. Okay not twenty, but if I had the room.....anyways. It was so much fun! I'm just glad I don't have to live without it for another 8 months of my life and then stuff it in once a week during the other 4. We also did some shopping at Ross and I found a super cute shirt! Brandon almost got some Lucky jeans for 20!! But they were just too short. I know I wouldn't have had that problem. Oh well. Needless to say I couldn't have imagined a better night!
Now to academics! This past week, Brandon and I had a combined test total of 7. 2 for him, 5 for me. It was pretty stressful, but we both ended up doing really well! I actually got the highest score in one of my classes! It was a first, and it felt so good! I was beaming with pride when my professor put the averages, highs, lows, etc. on the board! I'm such a weirdo, yes. I think that's about it for us this time! We still don't do a lot outside the apartment. We don't really have friends. Sad, but true. Oh well. Someday. :)
Red Robin...YUMMMMMMM!!!!!


2 comments:
You don't have friends???!! What am I, chopped liver!!!?? JK, I know, I've been a friend slacker. We need to make plans...and got to RED ROBIN!! I love it too! And I haven't been to the one in IF, so if you aren't sick of it, we should plan a double or triple date or something. Oh, I heard about Elder Bednar being in your ward! Well, I didn't know it was YOUR ward, but someone from your ward is obviously in my Old Testament class bc he told us all about it. That would be AWESOME! I'm sad you missed it. :( K, this is really long. Good luck with classes this week!!
Hey! I found your blog! :) Yay!
Post a Comment