I realized yesterday that I have acquired some almost ironic pet peeves over the last few years, or since I've been married, so I thought I would share them. And ironic in the sense that if you knew me before I got married, or when I was still in high school, you will laugh when you hear some of these. And I know some of them may be mean, but I'm being honest.
1)
Being late to things, ESPECIALLY church! In Idaho, I insisted on leaving for church 15 minutes before it started, even though it takes 2 minutes to get there. Brandon has been such a good sport about this one, although it was just yesterday that he learned how frustrated and emotional it can actually make me. Church is at 10:00. I was ready at 9:40. At about 9:45, I went downstairs to check on Brandon to see how close he was to being ready, and what did I find? Him sitting on the bed in shorts and a t-shirt with his phone in hand. As silly as it was, I burst into tears and just started sputtering out things about being late, blah blah blah. I know, I'm ridiculous. To his credit, he was ready extremely fast and we were only late by 2 minutes.2) Dirty dishes in the sink. I can not stand having dirty dishes in the sink! (This is definitely the most ironic one. Go ahead, laugh. :))
3) If you want someone's help with something, don't complain about them doing differently than you. This is actually something I used to do, but Brandon opened my eyes to it and now it bothers me! I think the best example is dishes. I would ask him to load the dishes and he would, but didn't do it how I do, so I always got upset. He said if I didn't like it, I could do it myself. Probably one of the greatest learning moments in our marriage. It has helped SO much and prevents a lot of dumb frustrations and fights.
4) People who complain about never having money and being poor, and then seeing them spend money on things they don't need. If you spent it more wisely, maybe you wouldn't be poor. No, you don't need a bigger apartment for $150 more a month and no, you don't need to buy the name brand toilet paper that is $3.00 more than the other stuff. Buy the off brand or stop complaining. I'm just sayin'! (And I feel like I can say this one because I have always been a brand girl. One of the hardest things I've ever done in life, is learned to buy off brands because of the money we could save. If I can do it, ANYONE can.)
5) If you're old enough to get married, be old enough to act like an adult, regardless of how old you are. I really don't care how old you are when you get married, I was only 20. So sure, get married at 19. But just realize that when you make that life-changing decision to get married at 19, you, in a sense, give up your right to act 19! Your parents are no longer your piggy-bank for those things that you don't feel like spending your own money on. Yes they will always be there for you, but certain things are your own responsibility.
So there they are! What are YOUR top 5 pet peeves?


7 comments:
You make me laugh Molly! I hope that I never fall under your pet peeve list! :)
LOL! That was thoroughly enjoyable to read! It makes me miss you.
you tell em girl!
Molly, you are so cute! I loved #1! Thanks for being a good example! Love the new look too!
Molly! You are just like me! All of those are some of my biggest pet peeves too! I don't usually cry if we are late to church but it still really bugs me. This is a cute post and I loved reading it :)
I agree with your pet peeves. Cute blog. I need tips from you. I have been trying to start one but blogspot doesn't seem very user friendly to me. You will have to teach me sometime.
Love your blog. We will see how much you keep up on it once you have kids...lol! I'm right there with you on #1. And #2 is not too far behind. #3 you must get that from your Aunt Jane because she is the QUEEN of reloading the dishwasher! Wow, you have learned a lot in the past year. Don't forget to laugh from time to time. Love ya!
Post a Comment