Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back To School.

A new semester has started! Brandon is already loaded with homework and I am relaxing...still! I am still looking for an internship, so until then I am taking a 1-credit weight training class! It sounds like it will be a lot of fun. In addition to my busy school schedule (ha!) I get to babysit David three times a week! He's Brandon and Hilary's (the Lyons) little boy, and an absolute cutie. They are both in school and I am really excited to be able to help them out. They are awesome people!

The trip to Utah/Idaho was fairly good. It started out on a pretty terrible note. My sister and I were heading out of Colorado Springs. We had stopped at a red light (immediately following the red light we were going to turn right to get on the interstate!) and were rear-ended! We were both pretty freaked out. What happened was the guy behind us was also stopped, but the person behind him rear-ended him, running him into us! Anyways, it wasn't that bad. Just a little crazy. We're both fine, just sore necks, backs, and shoulders, mostly from the seatbelt. Needless to say, we decided to postpone our trip a day. In hindsight, the accident was a major blessing! Weird, I know. I had forgotten our important box (Social Security cards, birth certificates, etc.), the weather was going to be pretty bad (snowy and HIGH wind all across I-70), and a few other things I can't think of right now. So yes, getting rear-ended was a blessing.

Not much else has been going on with us. I can tell Brandon misses work, which is a good thing. :) He really loved his internship and learned a lot and met some really great people. He even got a Starcraft II Beta cd key! Lucky duck.

The NFL Draft starts in 25 minutes! I am stoked. And dinner is in the crockpot so I won't have to worry about that distracting me. I suppose Brandon is just lucky he's getting fed at all today. Not like during March Madness haha. Ahh perfection.

No comments: