Friday, December 10, 2010

Catching Up: Thanksgiving

First lemme just say I LOVE getting an entire week off for Thanksgiving. I am desperately going to miss that next year. This year, we went and spent the week in Colorado with my family. It was not as relaxing as I hoped - more emotionally taxing than anything. But that's okay.

Thanksgiving Day, itself, proved to be much busier for me than I intended. I figured, well I'm usually lazy and let everyone else get everything ready so add being prego to the mix and I am set haha. I was sadly mistaken (but I guess it was by choice). My mom was busy with my sister so I was trying to help out as much as I could. But overall it was fun. Two of my cousins were there and of course, the Smalls. I think there were 16 of us total for dinner.

We actually flew back to Utah on Friday so we didn't do any Black Friday shopping, etc. I didn't mind because it had been a rough week and I wanted nothing more than to just get home. It happened a little later than we had planned, due to some...miscommunication...with Brandon's mom/sister, but we got home just fine. Although I will admit I was not amused at all. Oh the drive home we decided that next year we are staying put for Thanksgiving. No traveling - especially when you add a child to the mix. Not even to Utah if the in-laws decide to come out (since it's their turn for Thanksgiving). Sorry. Brandon actually told this to his mom and the conversation ended quickly after, and might I add, abruptly. I thought it was Kinda funny. But I just have no heart. Its the decision we have made and we are sticking to it.

I think that is about it for our break! I'll update again soon with pictures and stuff from my baby shower last weekend! It was so incredibly fun and I completely loved it! And FYI, our boy is going to be a stud. Just sayin'.

No comments: