Monday, April 18, 2011

1 Month!

It's hard to believe that Mace is already a month old! Well actually, because I'm slow, he is just about a week past the 1 month mark. Oh well. The pictures that we took for it were actually taken a little before his 1 month mark so I guess it all evens out!

I used to make fun of all the people who said their kids changed so much so fast, how at a month they were already so different. Well hello...it's true! I was looking at some of his baby pics and yeah. Call me a hypocrite. Whatev.





Let's see. Things about Mace at 1 month.
*Weighs 9lbs 2oz (that really should say 'weighed'. I'm sure he's already gained like 6oz since then)
*21.5 inches
*Starting to spend more and more time awake.
*Finally starting to smile and even laugh other than when he's sleeping! It is caa-ute.
*Generally starts the night off with a 4-5 hour stretch but after that we are hungry about every 2 hours.
*His farts/poop smell like pretzels. (Brandon's contribution to the post hahaha. I don't smell pretzels)
*Has outgrown probably half of his newborn clothes and I have yet to find a 0-3 month outfit that fits even the slightest bit.
*Moved into size 1 diapers!

I'm not sure what is so exciting about the bigger diapers thing. I'm tired.

In other news, we are finally back in Rexburg. Mace was a complete champ for the trip from Colorado to Utah and then up to Rexburg. I was completely shocked. And then proud. We stopped to feed him twice on the trip out to Utah. The first time because of a GIANT "pothole" that woke him up. To be fair, there was a sign that warned us of road damage. Silly of us to think that we would be detoured around any real road damage. (Seriously this "pothole" was the width of the entire lane. 100% impossible to miss.) He was able to meet the rest of his uncles too! They were all there at the same time. I thought about taking a picture. Thought.

It's amazing how much longer it took us to move it and get things unpacked, etc. with Mace! So much longer than either of us anticipated. Brandon starts school tomorrow and we have most everything done. Still a mess though. And that's all for now!

1 comment:

Anne said...

He is such a cutie! Hahaha, pretzels...